HOLOS Model: An Improved Shelterbelt Carbon Management Platform
- For more than a decade, the Holos model has been used by researchers, policymakers, and farmers in Canada to manage greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from the agricultural sector.
- Through a collaborative work between our University of Saskatchewan shelterbelt research group and the Holos model development team, the Holos shelterbelt carbon management component was improved in 2020.
- This comprehensive model update includes the most up-to-date shelterbelt tree and shrub growth and carbon stock estimates under future climate change projections (RCP 4.5, RCP 8.5), also used in the Belt-CaT tool produced by our shelterbelt research group.
- All shelterbelt research work, and data used in the Holos model shelterbelt component improvement, was funded by AAFC’s AGGP programs.
- A new journal manuscript was recently published to showcase the Holos model sheltebrelt component improvements, and is provided below for your information.
- If you are interested in the improved Holos model (Version 4), please contact the model development team at email@example.com.
Please click below to view Government of Canada’s Holos software program page, or click here.